Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Zesty and Creamy Italian Chicken (Crock Pot)

Zesty and Creamy Italian Chicken (Crock Pot)


This is one tasty dinner, y'all.

This is a recipe I found that explained how to make just the chicken in a crock pot. I have included how I dressed it up below.

What you'll need:
  • 4-6 chicken breasts
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
  • 1 packet zesty Italian seasoning
  • Other things I added:
    • fresh basil
    • garlic, to taste
    • fresh Parmesan cheese 
    • pasta of your choice
How to make it:
  1. In a pan, combine the cream cheese and the cream of chicken soup. Heat and stir until smooth.
  2. In the crock pot, add chicken and sprinkle the zesty Italian seasoning on top. Make sure each piece of chicken gets some of the zesty goodness. (This is also when I added the garlic).
  3. Pour the cream cheese and cream of chicken soup mixture over the chicken.
  4. Cook on LOW for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked.
What I did to dress it up:
  • Cook pasta, drain, plate
  • Place chicken and sauce on top of pasta. Dress that ish to impress.
    • I shaved fresh Parmesan cheese on top and added fresh basil.   
  • Grub.

We really liked this recipe. I would not recommend using spaghetti simply because you want a pasta that is going to hold onto the sauce a bit better. The boy said he wouldn't change anything and was very excited for leftovers. I enjoyed this, though half way through the meal I realized that a lot of what I've been making has been super creamy, rich pasta dishes. So, there is going to be a change in the kind of recipes I make very soon. Either way, this was served with a side salad and garlic bread. We will be enjoying this again, though probably not for a while. Gotta switch it up! 

Enjoy!
 -E-

No comments:

Post a Comment