Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hand-Cut Baked Parmesan Fries

Hand-Cut Baked Parmesan Fries


  • 3 Russet Potatoes, scrubbed and washed
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Cut the potatoes into wedges and place into a medium bowl.
  3. Pour olive oil, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on the potatoes wedges. Toss the potatoes to completely coat them in the oil, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss the potatoes. Continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
  5. Serve warm.

I made these bad boys about a week ago. I made them to go along side the boy's banging turkey burgers and I knew that they would be good because, well, there was cheese involved. We are cheese fiends, to say the absolute very least.

These were good. I made the mistake of cutting the wedges too big and/or not cooking them long enough. They were still tasty and the flavors where certainly there, but we like our fries crispy, which these weren't. Next time I intend to make smaller cuts and cook them a little longer.

I took a couple left over fries the following morning and made home fries out of them. I basically cut them into squares and threw them on the griddle. They got good and crispy and the flavors were all still intact. I ate them with over medium eggs and a lovely cup of coffee. I will say, this is how I prefer them.

You could modify these in any number of ways. Small, large, whatever seasonings you want, whatever cheese you want.

Make these. You'll dig them. They certainly beat anything that comes out of a bag.

Enjoy!
-E-

No comments:

Post a Comment