Thursday, June 14, 2012

3 Ingredient Pulled Pork

3 Ingredient Pulled Pork (crock pot)

 
  • 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
  • 1 (12 oz) can of root beer (you could also use Dr. Pepper)
  • 1 (18oz) bottle of BBQ sauce
  1. Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker and pour can of root beer over the meat
  2. Cook and cover on LOW for 6 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork
  3. After pork is cooked, drain and discard the root beer.
  4. Shred pork and place back into the slow cooker.
  5. Pour BBQ sauce over pork and stir.
  6. Warm, serve, enjoy.
I was on the fence about this recipe because I am not a big fan of pork. Now, don't get it twisted. I LOVE bacon. I ADORE extra crispy bacon. However, pork and I have a hate/hate relationship. I do believe it stems from my mother's pork chops. She would buy the cheapest chops, shake and bake the life out of them, and throw them on the Foreman. We would then eat them with apple sauce and canned green beans. Yes, I blame her...

I digress. The boy has been growing tired of chicken and turkey and, I must admit, I have been too. I eat red meat typically only once a week, as it is a trigger food for my migraines, so there is not a lot of red meat in this house. I decided to give this pork dish a shot and, well...

It was amazing. We made it with a honey BBQ sauce and served it with some simple roasted potatoes. I threw some BBQ slaw on top of mine, as well as some onions, for some crunch. I wouldn't change the recipe, though next time I will shred the pork a bit finer. And, to top it all off, your kitchen is going to smell mighty tasty.

Enjoy!
-E-

PS- I feel like I should just leave this here, just to drive the point home...



No comments:

Post a Comment