Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pesto and Beef Sausage Pasta


Pesto and Beef Sausage Pasta


You will need:
  • Pasta of your choice, as much as you need
  • Philadelphia Cooking Creme, creamy pesto
  • Beef sausage
  • Fresh basil, to taste 
  • Whatever seasonings you want
 (This is so easy, y'all)
  1.  Boil pasta. I add a pinch of salt and a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to my water right after it begins to boil and right before I add the pasta.
  2. Grill Sausage. We like ours pretty crispy.
  3. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add back into pot, but not back on the heat. Add the Philadelphia creamy pesto cooking cream. The amount you add will be determined by: A) how much pasta you've made and B) how creamy you want it. I added in 2 generous tablespoons, as I was only cooking for the two of us, plus the boy's lunch the following day. Stir in the cooking creme.
  4. Cut the grilled sausage to whatever sized pieces you want and then add and mix in with the pasta.
  5. Give everything a minute to come together and add in the fresh basil.
  6. Grub.

The boy and I LOVED this. It has been a busy last few weeks and we didn't feel like worrying about dinner. The boy looked at me and told me be creative. I tossed the sausage to him, asked him to grill it up really quickly and slapped the rest together on a whim as he grilled. I served this with garlic bread and a small salad. It was a really nice meal that took no time and we made with whatever we had around. I typically am not very good with "throw together" meals, but I'm proud of this one, simple as it may be. I think it shows that I'm starting to think about flavors and combinations in a more strategic way.

I have to admit, I was a little jealous that he got to take the leftovers to lunch, haha. But, we will be making this again and I will be sure to reserve some for my own lunch the following day :)

I don't really think there is anything about this that I would modify, though there is room for any modifications you see fit. Try it this way and, if you don't like it, change it up in any way that makes sense to you. Either way, I think you'll find you're going to love this.

Enjoy!
-E-

No comments:

Post a Comment