Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken

Hawaiian Chicken

It doesn't look pretty in the crock pot, y'all.


But it looks mighty tasty in my bowl.



Here's how to make this tastiness:

  • 4-6 chicken breasts (I did 4)
  • 1 (16.5 oz) jar Hawaiian BBQ sauce (I found mine at Target)
  • 1 can crushed pineapples (this sweetens it up, so add less or more to taste)
- Toss everything in your handy dandy crock pot for 6 hours on LOW... and grub.

It really is just that easy and your house is going to smell so sweet.

The boy loved this. I served it over jasmine rice and we had steamed broccoli on the side. 

Overall, this was pretty tasty. The flavors were dead on and the chicken was incredibly moist and tender. It was literally falling apart in the best possible way. No knife required. However, this leads us to my only criticism. There was nothing to give it any kind of crunch. The rice was a good idea, but there has to be something to add that will give it enough of a varying texture so that it doesn't seem almost mushy. The boy didn't mind this texture concern, so it may just be me. Perhaps you could add in a veggie or two, serve with a crispy bread, or something. As you can tell, texture is important to me.

We will be making this again, as it is super tasty and absurdly easy. Best part? Leftovers.

Enjoy!
-E-

No comments:

Post a Comment