Monday, July 9, 2012

Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms

Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms

 Nom.

What you'll need:
  • 1lb. green beans
  • 8 oz. mushrooms
  • 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • Minces garlic, to taste
  • fresh parmesan cheese
  • gallon sized ziplock bag 
** I did not follow this to a T when I made it. I just used whatever green beans (certainly not a pound) and the mushrooms (probably 5 oz.) that I had. I still used the recipe's amount of oil and vinegar, though... and it was still very tasty**
What to do:
  1. Wash green beans and mushrooms, dry.
  2. Cut green beans into pieces so they are all roughly the same size (remember to cut the ends off). Do the same with the mushrooms.
  3. Put veggies into ziplock. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic to the bag. Close/secure bag and then shake or use your hands to make sure everything gets nicely mixed and coated. Place in fridge for about 30 minutes to marinade.
  4.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  5. Pour the mixture out onto a cookie sheet. Spread everything out to ensure it is in a single layer.
  6. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Check veggies for doneness. Once to your liking, remove from oven.
  7. Grate or shred or roughly cut pieces/chunks of fresh parmesan onto the veggies, left melt.
  8. Grub and nom.  
I made these last night to go along with the leftover baked spaghetti and, well, tasty is an understatement. My dad's neighbor gave me a bag of his home grown green beans and I had some mushrooms that needed a purpose and I figured this was a good way to get those bad boys outta my fridge and into our bellies. 


The only thing I would change is that I would add a bit more garlic and probably pair this with something way less heavy. That being said, we both enjoyed this a great deal. The flavor was dead on, the green beans were crispy, the mushrooms weren't too soft or soggy, the balsamic paired very well with the parmesan (doesn't it always?)... this will be a reoccurring thing, for sure.


Enjoy!
-E-



No comments:

Post a Comment